Maine's Kennebec Valley

Locally run shops line Gardiner's downtown.

Travel Tips + INfo

Whether your trip to Maine’s Kennebec Valley involves outdoor recreation or spending time in town, it’s always a good idea to know some basics before you head out. Familiarize yourself with this these resources for visitor information, travel tips, and emergency services. A true Explorer is always prepared.


Augusta Downtown Alliance
295 Water Street, Suite 102, Augusta, ME 04330 |  207-458-8757

Belgrade Lakes Region Business Group
PO Box 518, Belgrade, ME | 207-557-9933

Forks Area Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 1, West Forks, ME | 207-663-2121

Gardiner Main Street
 149 Water St., 2nd fl., Gardiner, ME | 207-582-3100

Hallowell Area Board of Trade 
PO Box 246, Hallowell, ME | 207-620-7477

Jackman-Moose River Region Chamber of Commerce 
PO Box 368, Jackman, ME | 207-668-4171

Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce 
269 Western Ave., Augusta, ME | 207-623-4559

Kennebec Valley Council of Governments
17 Upper Main St., Fairfield, ME | 207-453-4258

Main Street Skowhegan 
48 Court St., Skowhegan, ME | 207-612-2571

Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce
50 Elm St., Waterville, ME | 207-873-3315

Town of Madison
26 Weston Ave., Madison, ME | 207-696-3334


Road Conditions and Traffic Information
866-282-7578 | 511 from any phone |

Wear Your Seatbelt 
Maine law requires that drivers and all passengers wear a seatbelt.

Maine Hands-free Driving Law 
Law prohibits talking, texting or using a hand-held device while driving. This applies even while temporarily stopped at a stoplight or in stopped traffic. Fines up to $250.

Maine Speed Limits
Be sure to follow all posted speed limits. Speeding fines are at least $50, as set by law. Exceeding the speed limit by 30 mph or more is a criminal offense.

Maine Recreational Marijuana Law
Adults over 21 years of age can possess up to 2.5 oz. of legally obtained cannabis for recreational consumption on private property. No one can consume cannabis in public or on federal land; it is illegal. While retail sale is legal, cannabis cannot be carried across state lines.

Maine Inland Fish & Wildlife: 207-287-8000

US-Canada Border Crossing
800-461-999 (within Canada) | 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (outside Canada) |

Maine Forest Service: 207-287-2791

Maine Department of Conservation Land Use: 207-287-2211


Emergency: Call 911

Maine State Police: 800-452-4664 (in Maine) | 911 cellular, for emergencies

Kennebec County Sheriff: Ken Mason | 207-623-3614

Somerset County Sheriff: Dale P. Lancaster | 207-474-9591

Scroll to Top